Department of Pediatric Surgery
“Children are not miniature adults”:
With this concept in mind, Phoenix Hospital in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi along with highly qualified Senior Pediatric Surgeons and their support staff provide you with comprehensive Pediatric surgery care with PICU, NICU, Pediatric Anesthesiology, Post-operative care, and Pediatric Imaging services all under one roof.
Pediatric Surgeons are trained professionals performing Day care surgeries and complex neonatal surgery & Laparoscopic surgeries in infants and adolescents. All types of Hernia repair surgery including inguinal hernia, umbilical hernia, and ventral hernia in children can be attended by our Pediatric Surgeons.
The custom child-friendly ambiance of the hospital and staff makes the hospital experience of your child least traumatic.
To reduce the overall stay of your child in our hospital, we have introduced the concept of Day Care Surgery for children where the child gets admitted, operated and discharged on the same day.
Day Care Surgery:
- Pediatric Inguinal Hernia repair
- Pediatric Umbilical/Para-umbilical Hernia repairs
- Pediatric ventral hernia repair
- Pediatric hydrocele surgery
- Surgery for undescended testis/ Orchiopexy
- Torsion of testis
- Surgery for cysts, lipoma, sinus tracts
- Surgery for Hemorrhoids, fissure, fistula
- Surgery for Anal Polyps
- Surgery for varicocele
- Ritual / medically indicated circumcision (Plastibel and sleeve method)
- Cervical Lymph node biopsy
- Management of Trauma and Burns.
- Abscess Drainage
- Esophageal Atresia
- Neonatal Acute Bowel Obstructions
- Neonatal Bowel Atresia
- Neonatal Meconium Ileus / Pseudocyst
- Hirschsprung’s Disease
- Anorectal Malformations
- Neonatal Gastric and Bowel Perforations
Minimal Access Surgery:
- Pediatric Laparoscopic Appendectomy
- Pediatric Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Pediatric laparoscopic excision of ovarian cyst
- Laparoscopic Assisted reduction of Intussusception
- Pediatric Laparoscopic Hernia repairs
- Pediatric laparoscopic Adhesiolysis
- Simple / Radical Nephrectomy
- Pyeloplasty – cuts out a blocked part of the tube for urine
- Posterior Urethral valves
- Hypospadias repair (single stage and staged repairs)
- Vesicostomy, ureterostomy – This is done when an infant or young child has problems emptying their bladder.
- Bladder stones
- Clitoroplasty / Labiaplasty