Neurosurgery is a Speciality’ which borders the conditions treated by other specialists such as
Neurology and Orthopedics. In neurosurgery, we treat conditions of the Brain, Spine, Spinal cord and
nerves which may or may not require surgery.
Some of the common conditions treated in Neurosurgery are:
Spine and Spine related:
1) Low back pain – Medical line of treatment and spinal injections
2) Neck pain with or without arm pain- medical and surgical treatments
3) Spinal disc diseases – which include degeneration, infections etc.,
4) Conditions requiring spinal fusion- such as degenerative spine conditions, spinal tumors,
infections or trauma.
5) Tumors involving the nerves and spinal cord.
1) Accidental domestic injuries in children like head injury or concussion.
2) Back pain in children
3) Congenital spinal deformations like spinal lipoma and myelomeningoceles.
4) More severe conditions in children such as Congenital intracerebral hemorrhage, and brain
Adult Patients requiring neurosurgery: Craniotomy and burr hole surgery for various conditions such as
1) Brain tumors
2) Blood clots in the brain such as hemorrhagic strokes or subdural hematomas
3) Brain abscesses and other infections
4) Traumatic Brain Injuries.
Surgery for nerves:
1) Carpal tunnel syndrome
2) Nerve tumors such as Neurofibromas or Schwannomas