Department of Neurosurgery
Neurosurgery is a Specialty that borders the conditions treated by other specialists such as Neurology and Orthopedics. In neurosurgery, we treat conditions of the Brain, Spine, Spinal cord, and nerves which may or may not require surgery.
In phoenix hospital Mussafah, the Department of Neurosurgery and Neurology has highly qualified and experienced doctors, and surgeons to help you with all the latest technology incorporated with the service.
Scope of care:
Spine and Spine related:
- Low back pain – Medical line of treatment and spinal injections
- Neck pain with or without arm pain- medical and surgical treatments
- Spinal disc diseases – which include degeneration, infections etc.,
- Conditions requiring spinal fusion include degenerative spine conditions, spinal tumors, infections, or trauma.
- Tumors involving the nerves and spinal cord.
- Accidental domestic injuries in children like a head injury or concussion.
- Back pain in children
- Congenital spinal deformations like spinal lipoma and myelomeningoceles
- More severe conditions in children such as Congenital intracerebral hemorrhage, and brain tumors.
Adult Patients requiring neurosurgery:
Craniotomy and burr hole surgery for various conditions such as
- Brain tumors
- Blood clots in the brain such as hemorrhagic strokes or subdural hematomas
- Brain abscesses and other infections
- Traumatic Brain Injuries.
Surgery for nerves:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Nerve tumors such as Neurofibromas or Schwannomas.