Dr. Santoshkumar Ambulge has completed his MBBS from Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Gulbarga, and Karnataka in 2005. He subsequently completed his DNBpost-graduationin Pediatrics from Aster MIMS Hospital, Calicut, and Kerala – India. He worked in various hospitals like Saifee and Harkishandas Reliance Ambani Hospitals, Mumbai. Subsequently, He pursued his Super speciality DNB training in Gastroenterology for 3years from Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) Hyderabad, India.
He continued to work and gain experience as a Consultant Gastroenterologist in Hyderabad at various hospitals such as KIMS hospitals, Citizens speciality hospital and BHEL Govt. General Hospital after completing his Super speciality training.
He has vast experience in evaluating and managing patients with gastrointestinal disorders such as Dyspepsia, Peptic ulcer disease, GERD, IBS, IBD, Bleeding from G.I tract, Chronic diarrhoea, Constipation, G.I Cancers, diseases related to Liver(Jaundice, Cirrhosis, Hepatitis A,B C, D, E), Pancreas and Gall bladder.
Countries with Medical Licensure
Total years of Experience
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Colonoscopy & Polypectomy
- EVL Banding & PEG Placement
- Stricture dilatation, foreign body removal, ERCP, stone extraction and stenting.
- Palliative endo luminal and biliary stenting etc.
Achievements and Career Highlights
- “Presidential Poster Award” at INASL 2018- Annual scientific Meeting by Indian National Association for Study of Liver Diseases, forposter presentation on “Non-invasive prediction of oesophageal varicesusing MR elastography and PSR(Platelet count to splenic diameterratio)”
- Poster Presentation at ISGCON 2015 on Yield of EUS FNA in theevaluation of Mediastinal lymphadenopathy of unknown etiology in124 patients.
- Case Presentation at Hepatology conference in New Delhi (DRILLS)-2019. He has presented interesting cases, seminar/Journals presentations atvarious platforms at the regional and National level CMEs/conferences. He was also actively involved in training of DNB residents and intra and inter-departmental academic activities during his career.
- Life time member of Indian National Association for Study of Liver Diseases (INASL).
English, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu, Marathi.
OP Days and Timings