Dr. Ankit Gujarathi graduated from Medical College in India. He finished his post-graduation in orthopedics (DOrtho + DNB) from GMC and from Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital respectively Pune, India. He was awarded Balu Sankaran Gold Medal by National Board Examination (DNB Gold Medalist), India. He was chosen as an International fellow by the European society for arthroscopy and Sports Traumatology (AGA) in 2012. He has been trained in Joint Replacement, Arthroscopy and sports medicine at National & International centers.
He has also completed a fellowship in Joint Replacement at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune. Then he had undergone training at Austria & Germany for further advanced training in knee surgeries. He has also trained in arthroscopy and sports medicine at Sports injury & arthroscopy clinic, at Isar Medizin Zentrum – Germany & Herz Zesu Krankenhaus Austria, a center recognized by international society for arthroscopy, knee surgery and orthopedic sports medicine. (ISAKOS).
He has special interest and expertise in knee and hip injuries. He practices Trauma, Joint Replacement, Arthroscopy and Sports orthopedics.
● Knee: diagnostic scopes, Meniscal & cartilage tears, chondromalacia (wearing or injury of cartilage cushion), and anterior cruciate ligament tears with instability, total knee replacements
● Shoulder: Rotator cuff tendon tears, labrum tear, adhesive capsulitis, impingement syndrome and recurrent dislocations, shoulder hemiarthroplasty
● Hip: trauma, bipolar , total hip replacement
● Wrist: Carpal tunnel syndrome, damage DRUJ complex
● Ankle: osteochondritis, loose body removal
● Elbow: tennis elbow, terrible triad , golfers elbow
● Spine: managing conservatively spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis
● Foot and hand: rheumatoid arthritis, planter fasciitis, calcaneal spur, trigger finger
● Dr. Ankit has numerous publications in peer reviewed national and international journals. He has presented his work in various international conferences and meetings as a speaker.
● Balu Sankaran Gold medal by National Board Examination (DNB Gold Medalist) International Fellow by European Society for Arthroscopy & Sports Traumatology –Germany & Austria.
Countries with Medical Licensure: India & UAE
Total years of experience: 12 years
Total years of experience in UAE: 6 years
Languages Spoken: English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi (Fluent)