Dr. John George Karippacheril, MD, is a Specialist Anesthesiologist in Phoenix Hospital Mussafah. Prior to joining Phoenix Hospital, Dr. John worked as a Specialist Anesthesiologist in private hospitals in Abu Dhabi from 2014 to 2022. He worked as clinical faculty, Associate Professor of Anesthesiology in Manipal University, India, prior to his practice in UAE.
Dr. John received his medical degree from University of Kerala, Trivandrum, India and completed his residency at Manipal University, Manipal, India. He completed his senior residency and Post-doctoral Certificate Course in Cardiovascular and Neurosurgical Anesthesia at Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, India in 2008. He completed his European Diploma in Anesthesiology and Intensive Care in 2021.
Dr. John is an experienced professional in anesthesiology and has provided anesthesia independently for several complex surgeries in his practice.
● Airway management
● Ultrasound Guided Regional Anesthesia
● Cardiac and Neuro-Anesthesia
● Total intravenous Anesthesia and Target Control Anesthesia
● Critical Care
● Membership of professional societies in anesthesia such as European Society of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Association of Anesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland, European Association of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, Academy of Regional Anesthesia, Indian Society of Anesthesiologists
● Authored several publications in international journals
● Described the innovative ‘inexpensive Video-Laryngoscopy’ technique for airway management in literature
● Provided anesthesia independently for several complex procedures including cardiovascular, neurosurgical, laparoscopic, orthopedic and urological surgery
● Best Reviewer Award 2016, Indian Journal of Anesthesia
● Author of ‘VSCapture’ medical device interface project cited and used by researchers globally
Countries with Medical Licensure: UAE, India
Total years of Experience: 15 years
Total years of UAE Experience: 9 years
Languages spoken: English, Hindi, Malayalam, Arabic, Kannada