Dr. John George K
MBBS, MD, PDCC, DESAIC
Dr. John George Karippacheril, MD, is a Specialist Anesthesiologist in Phoenix Hospital Abu Dhabi.
Prior to joining Phoenix Hospital, Dr. Karippacheril worked as a Specialist Anesthesiologist in private hospitals in Abu Dhabi from 2014 to 2022. He worked as clinical faculty, Associate Professor of Anesthesiology in Manipal University, India, prior to his practice in UAE.
Dr. John received his medical degree from University of Kerala, Trivandrum, India and completed his residency at Manipal University, Manipal, India. He completed his senior residency and Post-doctoral Certificate Course in Cardiovascular and Neurosurgical Anesthesia at Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, India in 2008. He completed his European Diploma in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care in 2021.
Dr. John is an experienced professional in anesthesiology and has provided anesthesia independently for several complex surgeries in his practice. Countries with Medical Licensure: UAE, India
Total years of Experience:
Total years of UAE Experience:
- Airway management
- Ultrasound Guided Regional Anaesthesia
- Cardiac and Neuro-anaesthesia
- Total intravenous anaesthesia and Target Control Anaesthesia
- Critical Care
Achievements and Career Highlights:
- Membership of professional societies in anesthesia such as European Society of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland, European Association of Cardiothoracic Anaesthesiology, Academy of Regional Anesthesia, Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists
- Authored several publications in international journals
- Described the innovative ’inexpensive videolaryngoscopy’ technique for airway management in literature
- Provided anesthesia independently for several complex procedures including cardiovascular, neurosurgical, laparoscopic, orthopedic and urological surgery
- Best Reviewer Award 2016, Indian Journal of Anaesthesia
- Author of ‘VSCapture’ medical device interface project cited and used by researchers
English, Hindi, Malayalam, Arabic, Kannada
OP Days and Timings