Dr. Jawaid Iqbal completed his MBBS from Liaquat University of Medical Sciences, Jamshoro Pakistan in 2007. He subsequently completed his postgraduate training in internal medicine from Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Center, Karachi, Pakistan. He pursued his Subspecialty training in Gastroenterology for 3 years from Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT), Karachi, Pakistan.
He continued to work and gain experience as a Consultant Gastroenterologist in Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT) and further served as an Assistant Professor at Asian Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS), Hyderabad, Pakistan.
He has vast experience in evaluating and managing patients with gastrointestinal disorders such as Dyspepsia, Peptic ulcer disease, GERD, IBS, IBD, Bleeding from G.I tract, Chronic diarrhea, Constipation, G.I Cancers, diseases related to Liver(Jaundice, Cirrhosis, Hepatitis A,B C, D, E), Pancreas and Gallbladder.
● Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
● Colonoscopy & Polypectomy
● EVL Banding & PEG Placement
● Stricture dilatation, foreign body removal
● “Presidential Poster Award” in 2016- Annual scientific Meeting by Asian Pacific Association for the study of liver (APASL), for poster presentation on “To determine correlation between urinary sodium to potassium ratio with MELD score in cirrhotic’s.
● He has presented interesting cases, seminar/Journals presentations at various platforms at the regional and National level CMEs/conferences. He was also actively involved in training of gastroenterology residents and intra and inter-departmental academic activities during his career.
Countries with Medical Licensure: Pakistan, UAE
Total years of Experience: 13 Years
Languages spoken: English, Urdu, Saraiki